Magazines.com, Inc.
TigerDirect

$5 FREE +
Up to 25% Off with Ebates!

Click here to join ebates. Get a $5 credit just for joining and up to 25% off your on-line shopping at 800 stores! Read my post on how it works.

Find a Deal? E-Mail Me!

If you find a deal you think I should post, e-mail me at deals@dealreader.com

Blogroll

Topic Index

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Cherish What and Whom You Have

A quick moment I hope you'll indulge me. I heard tonight that a good friend passed away. Had been battling for a long time and he was doing his best, and when it looked like things had turned for the better, something else came and took him. His name was Ray.

Those of you who know me know I direct plays and right now we're about to open "Our Town." The message in that play is pretty strong, about being aware of all the wonderful things around you and all the wonderful things people do, no matter how miniscule they might seem. Because we all have a tendency to take them for granted and not realize just how precious those are.

Next month we are going to perform the same play in which Ray appeared for me four years ago... which was how we became friends. When we were first planning redoing this play it was with a thought that he might reprise his role. But as he was finishing his treatments, he said he felt it more important that he spend time with his family. He wanted to make up for time they'd had 'on-hold' while he was taking treatments. And however much time that was, I am sure it meant more to his family than another chance to see him on-stage.

So here's my gentle reminder. Take the time to notice. Take the time to appreciate. Take the time to cherish. And don't forget to tell them.

I'll miss you, Ray. And I know I'll be far from the only one. Tengo famiglia!

No comments: