Magazines.com, Inc.
TigerDirect

$5 FREE +
Up to 25% Off with Ebates!

Click here to join ebates. Get a $5 credit just for joining and up to 25% off your on-line shopping at 800 stores! Read my post on how it works.

Find a Deal? E-Mail Me!

If you find a deal you think I should post, e-mail me at deals@dealreader.com

Blogroll

Topic Index

Monday, January 14, 2008

Tip on Finding Sales Inside Websites

One of my fellow frugal readers alerted me to this tip... thanks, K!

Some on-line stores have links or tabs you can click to see their clearance items and see what might be available at lower prices. But many sites don't have a link or spot specifically labeled. My reader let me know that at sephora.com (which doesn't have a specific spot), she types the word "clearance" into the search box and it takes her to a page that shows all the items that have been reduced for clearance. I gave it a try and voila, up popped a page that lists all the sale items.

I've tried it at other sites and the results are a bit mixed, sometimes you get results and other times you don't. But if you have some favorite on-line stores where you shop occasionally, you might want to type in a clearance search and see if they line up the special deals for you.

Hey, if the savings are there, wouldn't you want to know about them?

No comments: