Magazines.com, Inc.
TigerDirect

$5 FREE +
Up to 25% Off with Ebates!

Click here to join ebates. Get a $5 credit just for joining and up to 25% off your on-line shopping at 800 stores! Read my post on how it works.

Find a Deal? E-Mail Me!

If you find a deal you think I should post, e-mail me at deals@dealreader.com

Blogroll

Topic Index

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Highly Recommended: "The 39 Steps" on Broadway - Tickets Still Available at 60% Off

Update November 2nd: I just checked the Box Office link and the deal is still available. If you're in for a Broadway treat, I highly recommend this show -- particularly if you can see the Hitchcock movie beforehand. If you want a great treat, why not pair this up with the "Young Frankenstein" special offer that's also available right now and see two great shows for less than the price you'd normally pay for one?

Update May 10th: If you want to see the old movie before seeing the Broadway comedy, it's being shown on Turner Classics Monday May 12th at 8pm Eastern.

Back in March I posted about a great deal on Broadway tickets to "The 39 Steps." They were offering 39 tickets at each performance for just $39 apiece. Considering that tickets usually are $98.50, this was quite a savings. The reason I'm posting this again is to recommend the show. I went to see it last weekend and had a ball -- so I wanted to recommend the deal if you can take advantage.

I just checked the site, and you can still find tickets at the $39 rate -- for example, Saturday night May 24th they have $39 seats available in Row N, Center Orchestra. To search for $39 seats, click this link.

Service fees are added to the cost of the tickets as with any of the online ticketing systems.

The show was a hoot. I strongly recommend seeing the Alfred Hitchcock movie before you go. You'll get the references, appreciate the effects and the jokes.

It's billed as a Monty Python meets Hitchcock and the humor is equaled by the precision of the performances, the effects with lighting, fog, the illusion of a moving train, moving doors etc. There are a total of four actors who play all the characters from the film. Only the protagonist plays the same character throughout the play; one actress plays the three women seen throughout the film and the other two actors find ways to play everyone else. Seeing two actors playing all four characters in a scene was a riot.

So if you're in New York and looking for a fun event, I really suggest this one. The show was a lot of fun, and being able to see it at this price was a bargain.

They also have a second link for other discount seats at $49 or $59 (see my previous post), but if you can score the $39 seats, I think that's the best deal.

Here's a link to my earlier post.

No comments: