Magazines.com, Inc.
TigerDirect

$5 FREE +
Up to 25% Off with Ebates!

Click here to join ebates. Get a $5 credit just for joining and up to 25% off your on-line shopping at 800 stores! Read my post on how it works.

Find a Deal? E-Mail Me!

If you find a deal you think I should post, e-mail me at deals@dealreader.com

Blogroll

Topic Index

Friday, June 15, 2007

Tips and Ideas on Getting Great Deals

I've always been a bargain-finder... not just a hunter but someone who seems to be able to find a great deal -- the kind that's too good to pass up. I always figured why should I pay more money than I have to? If I don't spend the money it's like having earned that much more. (It's really even better than earning that money because if you earned an extra $100 you'd have to pay tax on it, but if you find a way to not spend it you get the whole $100 for yourself).

A few years back I went into a department store in Philadelphia and was able to buy several Geoffrey Beene dress shirts for $2.56 apiece! Set up my business attire wardrobe for a year for less than one shirt normally cost by itself. Later this year my wife and I are flying round-trip to Vegas for 2 cents. Yes! TWO CENTS!!! (Well, the taxes and fees on the trip made it $40 for two round-trip tickets, but the base fare was 2 cents.) And that's not by using any frequent flier points or anything. It was an actual deal I found!

I've shared tales of my shopping adventures with friends and drawn reactions of amazement, laughter and some disbelief -- but they usually ask me to share my tips with them. One of my friends got me an interview on the Sally Jesse Raphael radio show and she named me the King of Getting a Good Deal. So I figured if my friends wanted to see how I do it and Sally Jesse was interested and impressed, maybe lots of other people would like to hear about it too.

These are going to be real tips, ideas, concepts. Sometimes they have to do with websites that help find the deals. Other times they may have to do with specific stores. I do things with rebates and coupons. I'll also talk about some of the concepts that you can apply in your own environment, at the stores you shop or the places you go.

I've also developed a bit of a knack on ebay for both ends of the transaction. Both buying and selling have their own aspects for getting a good deal. I'll share some of my tips for helping ways of making the stuff you sell there get better results.

All the stuff I'm talking about is above-board and legal. We're not talking about any kind of deception, switching tags, or other underhanded ways. When I walk out of a store I want to know I got a good deal but did it in a way the store's own system and policies allowed me to do. And when I make an ebay sale, I want my customers to be satisfied (the way I would want to be if I were on the buying end of an ebay deal) -- I still have a 100% feedback rating after over 600 transactions.

OK, so that's enough introduction. If there are specific areas you want to know about, contact me. I can't promise I'm an expert in finding every deal everywhere -- there are too many things out there. But I'll bet even if I don't know the exact info, some of my concepts will still apply and you may find that better deal anyway.

I hope you will find this readable, enjoyable and most of all, worthwhile!!!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned.

No comments: